Friday, April 22, 2011

Journal Entry #1

My shelter is all built now. It would have been nice if the weather wasn’t so dreary, but I’m committed to take on all the challenges that will come my way.

I already have had a few people approach me to find out what it is I’m doing. So far the responses have been almost all positive besides a few dirty looks here and there. One freshman showed particular interest in my project. He helped me set up my shelter, and shared his own perspective on the project with me. Originally from India, he has witnessed extreme poverty first hand and it’s effect on people. He has seen people struggle to survive, and it has made him more aware of how he lives his own life.

Hopefully people will continue to approach me and offer their own perspectives on the project, as that will make this whole experience much more enriching for me.


(Over the next couple days I will continue to post my journal entries on to the blog, as well as my final reflections. Stay tuned! )

No comments:

Post a Comment